Lithuanian Artists’ Association
Chairwoman Edita Utariene
Lithuanian Artists’ Association (LAA) was founded on 20th of September, 1935. In August 1940 it was reorganised into Lithuanian SSR Artists’ Association subordinate to the USSR Artists’ Association. In 1989 Lithuanian artists separated from the USSR Artists’ Association and an independent, public, non-profit creative organisation (presently, Association) was established. It pursues the goals of its predecessor, established in 1935.
LAA unites 1402 members. It encourages and popularizes their creative production. The association undertakes copyright protection, and supports legal, social and moral interests of its members. LAA initiates various artistic projects independently, as well as in cooperation with other artistic organizations and public institutions. LAA members belong to the Sections of Figurative, Applied Arts, Fine Arts, and establish production companies and funds in the manner prescribed by laws.
In 2001 Lithuanian Artists’ Association established three equivalent annual awards and golden Insignians of the LLA for creative achievements of the year.
LAA’s governing bodies are include an annual delegates’ conference, the board, the chairman, the chairman of territorial divisions, the chairman of sections and the Court Honor.
LAA holds territorial divisions in Kaunas, Šiauliai, Panevėžys and Klaipėda. It has established four galleries in Vilnius (DSG, "Arka", "Šv. Jono gallery", "Pamėnkalnio gallery"); and one in Kaunas ("Meno parkas"), Klaipėda ("Klaipėdos galerija") and Panevėžys ("XX") each. Apart from that, LAA has set up production divisions: VĮ LAA’s Center of Sculpture and Stained Glass, UAB Vilniaus dailė ("Vilnius art"), "Dailininkų namai" ("The house of artists") in Palanga, VĮ LAA’s Publishers "Artseria".
LAA is a member of International Arts Association (IAA) funded by UNESCO, the European Council of Artists (ECA), Lithuanian Art Creators’ Association (LMKA). The LAA Section of Aplied Arts os a member of World Crafts Council (WCC-Europe).
Vokiečių str. 4/2, LT-01130, Vilnius